ALL CANADIAN ORDERS ONLY $15.00 FOR SHIPPING! GREAT DEAL!
NEWSLETTER DISCOUNTS APPLY TO ONLINE ORDERS!
Just input the code and recieve your discount instantly!
Our Good Practice
We believe it is important to respect our closest partners, the bees and their beekeepers. Bees are little miracles of nature that make it possible for us to make our products. In addition, a great deal of our crop is dependent on the pollination of bees. Out of all the different insects that are able to pollinate, bees pollinate the highest percentage of plants. Bees also enable us to make our products so fantastic. They provide us with sweet tasting honey and beeswax, which cleans the air as it burns when made into candles. Bee pollen and Royal Jelly contain excellent nutritional value which we use to make some vitamin supplements. Bees also provide us with a wonderful compound called propolis which is one of nature’s most powerful germ fighters.
Naturally, as a company that supports natural remedies, we support environmentalism. Here at the Beehive, we make it a point to ensure that our business practices and products are environmentally friendly, and support ethics within the workplace. We also consider it a privilege when we can make donations towards local charities that support enviromentally friendly practices. And most imporant to us is our furry friends! Pets are always welcome in our store, and we have had many animal invoked funraisers over the years.
- All of our products are created using organic ingredients from nature. This includes the colour and fragrances of our products which are all plant derived. They are all Gluten Free; even our Oatmeal scrub!
- We refrian from using nut oils because of the extreme allergen factor. There is a single product, the Sweet Almond Soap which contains Almond Oil and is clearly marked on the label.
- We only use natural plant derived ingredients in place of animal byproducts. They are enriching & rich in vitamins that are essential to healthy skin.
- We will only use natural preservatives such as Rosemary Extract & Grapefruit Seed Extract.
- At the Beehive, we formulate our own natural remedies and thoroughly test it on ourselves before it reaches the production stage. To show our level of commitment, we even tested the dog shampoo!
A little history
We started 15 years ago in a small basement room with a single table, hot plate, lamp, and assorted mismatched pots, and pans. Armed with determination and a mere handful of our lip balms and handmade soaps, we took our tiny selection of painstakingly crafted wares to market. Over the course of a single weekend, we profited $300.00. Upon reflection, this probably worked out to an hourly wage of less than $4.00, however we were more enthusiastic than ever because of this success. These were the very first steps taken on the journey that we’re still on today. Our small business has grown into a retail store in a most energetic retail area in Calgary. Our store is in a historic building from a bygone era.
In addition to our charmingly rustic shop we offer a full wholesale selection for everyone. That includes home parties, retail stores, major chains, as well as unlimited custom manufacturing. Beehive products are shipped from our manufacturing warehouse where, although the quantities we produce are vastly larger than those of our earlier years, our careful methods are the very same. It is our pleasure to invite you to discover The Beehive so that you may share our feeling of success. You might also have the chance to be inspired by our tranquil fragrances and soothing soaps. While you’re enjoying yourself, remember to thank nature for her wonderful gifts.